The Airbrush Company presents a hands-on Custom Painting Class by top UK artist, Simon Murray of SM Designs.
|Helmet design by Simon Murray.|
Simon Murray has been airbrushing automotive graphics since 1992. His work has won awards, been exhibited at automotive shows and featured in magazines, such as Airbrush Action. Simon has produced instructional videos and he provides technical support for Auto-Air Colors in Europe and the United States.
Day 1: Learn the three essential airbrushing techniques; free hand, loose masking and stencilling. This course is aimed at taking you from an absolute beginner, through to being able to airbrush a 3D character. No one has ever left this course without taking away a piece of artwork that they are proud of, and couldn't believe they were capable of doing. So leave your pride at home and come ready to learn!
Day 2 & 3: This two day intensive class deals with several different customising techniques necessary to produce professional looking designs on helmets and bikes. And the best thing about it is... you don't have to be artistic! Whilst this is primarily an automotive class, all the techniques we teach apply to any nonporous surface such as wall murals, garage doors, fridges and kitchens, computers drum kits, guitars etc.
Examples of Airbrush work painted on Simon Murray's 2 day Custom Painting class.
If these dates are not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is available at SM Designs premises in Northern Ireland only. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
|Demo piece by Simon Murray - taught on Simon's Beginner's class.|
Times: 09:30 am - 4:30 pm (classes always run on longer)
Duration: 3 days (21 hours)
Tutor: Simon Murray
Class size: 6 to 8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
Course content (Day 1):
- Getting started
- Choosing the right airbrush and equipment
- Air Sources
- Introduction to double-action airbrushing
- What materials are compatible
- Surface Preparation
- Tracing and Scaling
- Creating a design using hard and soft masking techniques
- Master the 3 essential techniques of free hand, loose masking / stencilling
- Making your own stencils
- Image transfer and manipulation
- Working on metal and other non porous surfaces
- How to create your own image from background to foreground
- The cheap way to setup a studio
- Copyright issues
- Airbrush Maintenance
- And much more
|Artwork by Simon Murray.|
Course content (Days 2 and 3):
- Studio set-up and equipment
- Surface preparation
- Types of paints and compatibility
- How to paint flags including checkers
- Achieving realistic rips and tears
- Lining out and painting hot rod flames
- Creating tribal and ghost flames
- Pinstriping with an airbrush
- Painting seamless fades
- How to paint wood and stone effects
- Water drops
- Bevelled edges
- Negative and positive marbleizing
- Using candies
- Costing and pricing your work
- How to set up your own custom paint business
- And much more!
What is provided:
- All students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrushes equipment, paint and instructional videos on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
- Notepad and Camera - It is not essential however we do recommend you bring a notepad and camera with you. It is hard to digest the sheer amount of information Simon imparts on the course so we recommend you take notes throughout the day.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.