The Airbrush Company presents a one-day Airbrushing Portraiture Master Class by internationally known UK artist, Giorgio Uccellini.
On this one-day hands-on class you will learn all the techniques needed to airbrush portraits. These include freehand airbrushing techniques for creating skin tone, hair and eyes, plus loose masking techniques using Artool freehand stencils.
Whilst this is primarily an art class, all the techniques Giorgio teaches apply to many surfaces such as wall murals, bikes and helmets, drum kits, guitars etc. By the end of the day you will have a professional looking portrait to take home with you. No one has ever left this course without taking away a piece of artwork that they are proud of.
This is your opportunity to learn how to achieve the perfect finish with an airbrush. The training room is fully equipped with the highest quality equipment available on the market - Iwata airbrushes and compressors. We recommend that you are already confident in how to use an airbrush or have attended the Airbrushing for Beginners class.
Times: 09:30 am - 4:30 pm
Duration: 1 day (7 hours)
Tutor: Giorgio Uccellini
Class size: 4 max
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF.
Click here for how to Find Us.
|Portrait of Marilyn Monroe airbrushed by Giorgio Uccellini|
If these dates are not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is also available by contacting Giorgio@rock-icons.co.uk.
- Freehand airbrush techniques, strokes and exercises
- Outlining your image on the canvas using a projector or grid
- Sizing of the image
- Loose masking using Artool freehand stencils
- Black and white portrait (moving onto colour depending on time and ability)
- Techniques for skin tone, hair and eyes
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment, paint and instructional videos on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Canvas/or artist paper – Bring one or two of your own canvas/or artist paper (about 20” x 24” to 30” x 34”).
- Reference Images – Bring two copies of the image/s you wish to airbrush. One copy for reference (about 7” x 5”) and one to project (about 5” x 4”). You may use copies of reference images provided by the tutor. You may email your image to Giorgio@rock-icons.co.uk to check on suitability in advance.
|Chimpanzee airbrushed by Giorgio Uccellini|
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Please bring a packed lunch.
Please read our Terms and Conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements. A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.
Please read our Course Covid Policy to see answers to frequently asked questions about how we have made our training courses COVID-19 safe.
About Giorgo Uccellini:
Born in Italy, Giorgio has been airbrushing for over 30 years and has taught and exhibited in USA, Italy and Germany, as well as in the UK. He has contributed articles to many magazines including Airbrush Art and Airbrush Action.Giorgio is best known for his portraits of rock icons, but he applies his airbrush art to anything – canvas, T-shirts, leather jackets, motorcycle tanks and helmets. You can view his work on his website: www.rock-icons.co.uk.
Giorgio also released his first book in 2011, The Art of Airbrushing, where he guides beginners and intermediate artists through the entire process with clear step-by-step photographs and text; from setting up a studio/workspace, planning and drawing, equipment and techniques, surfaces and presentation and more. A bit of trivia here: Giorgio toured the world in his previous career as the keyboard player in Freddy and the Dreamers.