The Airbrush Company presents a two day Airbrushing Portraiture and Wildlife Master Class by internationally known UK artist, Giorgio Uccellini.
Born in Italy, Giorgio has been airbrushing for over 30 years and has taught and exhibited in USA, Italy and Germany, as well as the UK. He has contributed articles to many magazines including Airbrush Art and Airbrush Action.
Giorgio released his first book in 2011, The Art of Airbrushing, where he guides beginners and intermediate artists through the entire process with clear step-by-step photographs and text; from setting up a studio/workspace, planning and drawing, equipment and techniques, surfaces and presentation and more.
|Chimpanzee airbrushed by |
Giorgio is best known for his portraits of rock icons, but he applies his airbrush art to anything – canvas, T-shirts, leather jackets, motorcycle tanks and helmets. You can view his work on his website:
www.rock-icons.co.uk and also on www.AirbrushFree.com. A bit of trivia here: Giorgio toured the world in his previous career as the keyboard player in Freddy and the Dreamers.
|Portrait of Richard Harris airbrushed by Giorgio Uccellini|
On this two day intensive class you will learn all the techniques needed to airbrush portraits or wildlife paintings (or both!) onto canvas. Students can choose to spend the two days painting their preferred subject matter (either portrait or wildlife paintings), or can choose to airbrush one portrait and one wildlife painting. Giorgio’s class offers flexibility and can be tailored towards your requirements and what you wish to learn.
Please take into consideration: we cannot guarantee that there will be enough time to airbrush two complete paintings as this will depend on the individual’s ability and the size of the class.
You may email your image/s to Giorgio@rock-icons.co.uk to check on suitability in advance.
|Portrait of Miles Davis airbrushed by Giorgio Uccellini|
We recommend that you are already confident in how to use an airbrush or have attended the Airbrushing for Beginner’s class (TC-GU1).
If these dates are not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is also available by contacting Giorgio@rock-icons.co.uk.
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 2 days (14 hours)
Tutor: Giorgio Uccellini
Class size: 4 to 8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF.
Click here for how to Find Us.
- Outlining your image on the canvas using a projector or grid
- Sizing of the image
- Freehand airbrush technique
- Loose masking using Artool freehand stencils
|Portrait of Clint Eastwood airbrushed by Giorgio Uccellini|
- Black and white portrait (moving onto colour depending on time and ability)
- How to paint a tiger (moving onto your own image depending on ability and time)
- Techniques for skin tone, hair and eyes (for airbrushing portraits)
- Techniques for fur and eyes (for airbrushing wildlife)
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment, paint and instructional videos on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
|Portraits painted by The Airbrush Company staff,|
Lisa Munro, Alex Medwell and Stu Forster on Giorgio Uccelini's Portraiture & Wildlife Class
You will also need:
- Canvas/or artist paper – Bring two of your own canvas/or artist paper (about 20” x 24” to 30” x 34”).
- Reference Images – Bring two copies of each image you wish to airbrush. One copy for reference (about 7” x 5”) and one to project (about 5” x 4”). You may use copies of reference images provided by the tutor. You may email your image to Giorgio@rock-icons.co.uk to check on suitability in advance.
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.