The Airbrush Company presents a Three day Airbrushing Portraiture Master Class by internationally known UK artist, Giorgio Uccellini.
This three-day class combines the one-day Airbrushing for Beginners classand the two-day Airbrushing Portraits class. By booking these three days at the same time you will save £30.
Born in Italy, Giorgio has been airbrushing for over 30 years and has taught and exhibited in USA, Italy and Germany, as well as in the UK. He has contributed articles to many magazines including Airbrush Art and Airbrush Action.
|Chimpanzee airbrushed by |
This three-day class is aimed at taking you from an absolute beginner, through to being able to airbrush a professional looking portrait to take home with you (or two portraits depending on time and ability). No one has ever left this course without taking away a portrait that they are proud of.
Whilst this is primarily an art class, all the techniques Giorgio teaches apply to many surfaces such as wall murals, bikes and helmets, drum kits, guitars etc.
This is your opportunity to learn how to achieve the perfect finish with an airbrush. The training room is fully equipped with the highest quality equipment available on the market - Iwata airbrushes and compressors.
Giorgio is best known for his portraits of rock icons, but he applies his airbrush art to anything – canvas, T-shirts, leather jackets, motorcycle tanks and helmets. You can view his work on his website:
www.rock-icons.co.uk and also on www.AirbrushFree.com. A bit of trivia here: Giorgio toured the world in his previous career as the keyboard player in Freddy and the Dreamers.
If these dates are not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is also available by contacting Giorgio@rock-icons.co.uk.
Dates: Monday 2nd – Wednesday 4th July 2018
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 3 days (21 hours)
Tutor: Giorgio Uccellini
Class size: 4 min to 8 max
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF.
Click here for how to Find Us.
|Portrait of Miles Davis airbrushed by Giorgio Uccellini|
Course content - Day 1:
- Airbrush equipment and air sources
- How to use an airbrush
- Cleaning and maintenance of your airbrush
- Basic techniques, strokes and exercises
- Shading to achieve a 3D effect
- Which paints to chose
- Cutting simple masks
- Freehand airbrush technique
- Using Artool freehand stencils
- Airbrushing onto a white t-shirt (student must provide their own t-shirt)
Course content - Day 2/3:
- Freehand airbrush techniques, strokes and exercises
- Outlining your image on the canvas using a projector or grid
- Sizing of the image
- Loose masking using Artool freehand stencils
- Black and white portrait (moving onto colour depending on time and ability)
- Techniques for skin tone, hair and eyes
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment, paint and instructional videos on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
|Portraits painted by The Airbrush Company staff,|
Lisa Munro, Alex Medwell and Stu Forster on Giorgio Uccelini's Portraiture & Wildlife Class
You will also need:
- White T-Shirt Students are welcome to bring a white t-shirt along with them to the course to be worked on later in the afternoon, however, this is up to the student to decide and is not an essential part of the course content. If you do decide to bring a t-shirt then this should be clean, ironed and preferably new.
- Canvas/or artist paper – Bring two of your own canvas/or artist paper (about 20” x 24” to 30” x 34”).
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.