The Airbrush Company presents a one day class; Modeller's Beginning Airbrushing (Step 1), with tutor Robin Carpenter of Scalewarship Ltd.
This course is ideal for any model painter who wants to move into airbrushing, or anyone who has problems getting started with their airbrush. This is your opportunity to learn how to achieve the perfect finish with an airbrush. The training room is fully equipped with the highest quality equipment available on the market - Iwata airbrushes and compressors.
This course leads into Robin’s Modeller's Beginning Airbrushing Course (Step 2) - which is based around water-based paints, mainly LifeColor. Both steps 1 and 2 of the Modeller's Beginning Airbrushing courses can be booked together as a two-day class TC-RC3 and you will save £10 for attending the classes consecutively.
|ME 110 model aircraft built and painted by Robin Carpenter using LifeColor Paints. This model has been featured in |
Airfix Model World magazine.
Robin Carpenter has professionally painted full size aircraft for over twenty years, from vintage WWII to modern passenger jets, including fixed and rotary wing military aircraft. He has applied his technical knowledge to making models for pleasure, winning several awards for his work in local and national model exhibitions. Robin has turned this hobby into a profession – he now runs Scalewarship Ltd, a modelling supply company specialising in airbrushes and finishing products.
If this date is not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course.
Dates: Thursday 13th September 2018
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 1 days (7 hours)
Tutor: Robin Carpenter
Class size: 4 to 8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
|ME 110 model aircraft built an painted by Robin Carpenter (applying the second coat of thinned colour by brush) using LifeColor Paints. |
If this date is not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is available at Scalewarship Ltd premises in Herefordshsire. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
- Introduction to Airbrush & compressors their components setting up and operating
- Basic health and safety
- Preparation before painting
- Basic exercises on being in control
- Using primers
- Mixing of paints and using thinners
- Introduction to acrylics, enamels and clear coats
- Masking materials and techniques
- If time permits the tutor will demonstrate any techniques the class may suggest.
- Airbrush cleaning and maintenance.
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
|Model/Bust of Queen Elizabeth 1 painted by Robin Carpenter using LifeColor Paints.|
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment and paint on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Model to work on – Robin recommends you bring your own model at a stage requiring painting to obtain the best experience from this course (an old broken model will also be fine for practicing techniques on)
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.
|Revell Lynx MK 88 model helicopter built and painted by Robin Carpenter using Auto-Air, Createx and Com-Art Paints.|