The Airbrush Company presents a two day class; Modeller's Advanced Airbrushing with tutor Jason Lake.
This two-day course combines both Advanced Airbrushing Camouflage Schemes (TC-JL1) and Advanced Airbrushing and Weathering (TC-JL2) courses.
This first day of this course is ideal for any model painter who wants to advance their airbrushing skills and learn how to airbrush camouflage schemes. This is your opportunity to learn how to achieve the perfect finish with an airbrush. The training room is fully equipped with the highest quality equipment available on the market - Iwata airbrushes and compressors.
The second day covers Advanced Airbrushing and Weathering. Regardless of the type of modelling you do, whether it be Armour, Aircraft, Ships or Trains, the Airbrushing and Weathering course will benefit your modelling immensely.
| Vehiclle built and airbrushed by Jason Lake using LifeColor Paints.
Jason Lake has been making models, dioramas and scratch building since the age of six. He has also been building commission models for shop customers for about the last thirty years with clients including the Sunday Times and Virgin Atlantic. He has worked on aircraft, ships, submarines, military, figures and science fiction.
He worked within the modeling retail industry for thirty-eight years, having recently retired from running his own model shop LSA Models of Hove.
Jason has also carried out research for various kit companies such as Italeri and Eduard being the most recent. He is currently working in conjunction with one of the magazine publishers on a number of additional supplements for a UK monthly modelling magazine.
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 2 days (14 hours)
Tutor: Jason Lake
Class size: 6-8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF. Click here for how to Find Us
If this date is not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course.
|aircraft built an painted by Jason Lake using LifeColor Paints. |
Course content (first day):
- What are BSC, federal standard, RAL numbers and how do they work
- Discussion on different types of camouflage
- Where to start with camouflage schemes
- Preparation and masking
- Using primers
- Application of base colours
- Camouflage application
- Application of Markings using paint masks
- Applying Clear coats
Course content (second day):
- Discussion on weathering
- I-pad picture slide show
- What type of materials are available
- Paint chipping applications using salt / hairspray and masking fluid
- Using Washes
- Using Pigment powders
- Fading paint
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment and paint on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Models to work on – Jason recommends you bring at least two of your own models at a stage requiring painting to obtain the best experience from this course (old broken models will also be fine for practicing techniques on)
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.