Michael Rose hosts this four day workshop taught by internationally known USA realism artist, Dru Blair.
This 4 day workshop explores many different effects you can create with the airbrush combined with a few household items. This special effects workshop features the widest variety of textures offered anywhere. You will learn how to paint realistic fire, real stone, chrome, skin, leather, fabric, steel, fur, rust, rock, grass, foliage, tree bark, sweat, water and ice to name a few.
Additional content for 2018
Dru Blair will be adding some really cool new effects created by mixing paint with various household chemicals for marble and smoke!
Dru Blair will explain his techniques for creating stunning effects with paint, erasers, X-acto blade, stencils and chemicals.
Dates: Mon 1st - Thurs 4th Oct 2018
Times: 10:00 am - 6:30 pm
Duration: 4 days
Tutor: Dru Blair
Class size: 12
Location: Michael Rose School of Art, 25 Cranborne Parade, Mutton Lane, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 3BA, England.
Click here for contact details and directions.
- Realistic Fire
- Realistic Stone
- Tree Bark
- Cool new effects created by mixing paint with various household chemicals for marble and smoke!
This textures class features several mini-projects. The focus of this class will be to create a variety of textures and surfaces using different tools. This workshop is non-intimidating with both the novice and advanced artist in mind.
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course.
- Students will have the opportunity to buy paint and discounted airbrush equipment at the course location.
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served at 9:30 to 10:00am and 4:30 to 4:45pm.
You will also need:
- Accommodation - Please contact Michael Rose for a list of recommended local hotels and B&Bs.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or there are local shops and food outlets to visit in the lunch break from 1:00pm to 2:00pm.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding booking, payment and cancellations. Your booking is with Michael Rose School of Art and not with The Airbrush Company.