The Airbrush Company presents a class on airbrush techniques for enhancing and distressing costume for TV & Film, by UK ‘Breakdown Artist’, Alexander Carey.
by Alexander Carey
Alexander Carey has over 30 years' experience working in studios and on location in the film and TV industry as a ‘breakdown artist’, focusing mainly on decorating and enhancing the costumes of principle characters.
His recent projects include the feature films, As You Like It, Master and Commander, The Merchant of Venice, Troy and Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy. Alex has worked on many other films including Harry Potter 1, Hamlet, Mission Impossible 1 and 101 Dalmatians, and a number of television programs including Blackadder, Red Dwarf and Dr Who. He has also worked on close to a hundred operas over his career. Alex’s work on costumes for Madame Tussauds earned him the honour of having a waxwork made of himself, dressed in a historical costume on which Alex had worked.
You can see examples of Alex's work on his website,
This one-day course will teach you how to use an airbrush onto various fabrics and surfaces, experimenting with a wide range of water-based products. Gain the expert hints and tips used in the film and entertainment industry.
If this date is not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is also available by contacting email@example.com.
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 1 days (7 hours)
Tutor: Alexander Carey
Class size: 4 to 8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
- Explanation of equipment and various media
- Use of airbrush on fabrics and costumes
- Health and safety
- Demonstration of airbrush techniques
- Practical exercises
- Maintenance of equipment
- Questions and answers
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Fabrics/Clothing – Please bring any articles you would like to work on (optional).
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.