The Airbrush Company presents a NEW and IMPROVED beginner's airbrushing class teaching airbrush techniques for cake decorating. This class is open to complete beginners, or anyone who has already attended Lisa's previous classes and would like a refresher - but still want to learn something new. The course has been restructured to include new techniques and skills and is even more comprehensive than before.
Cake decorator and airbrush artist Lisa Munro has been teaching airbrushing for cake decorating for over 8 years now in The Airbrush Company’s fully equipped training room. Lisa's airbrushed cake designs have been published in Cake Craft & Decoration Magazine as step-by-step instructional articles. Lisa has also provided many airbrush demonstrations to cake decorators, sharing her skills and techniques in this useful tool.
This hands-on workshop will cover as many basic techniques and airbrush effects as possible in one day. You will discover the airbrush as a versatile addition to your other sugarcraft techniques.
If you are unable to attend a class running during the week, Lisa will consider teaching one-to-one classes or small groups at weekends. For further information please contact email@example.com.
If these dates are not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course.
Dates: Wednesday 19th September 2018
Times: 9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 1 day (7 hours)
Tutor: Lisa Munro
Class size: 4 to 8
(Click here to view our Training Room)
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
|Koi Carp water cake airbrushed by Lisa Munro. |
Follow Lisa on Twitter @lisamunrodesign
- Airbrush equipment and air sources
- How to use an airbrush
- Cleaning and maintenance of your airbrush
- Basic techniques, strokes and exercises
- Shading to achieve a 3D effect
- Colour blends and fades
- Airbrushing with stencils
- Airbrushing 3-dimensional flowers and insects made from icing
- Airbrushing onto a cake dummy – students will work on one cake design throughout the duration of the course and will take this away at the end of the day
- Other tips and tricks
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment, food colours, icing and an iced cake dummy to work on
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment, colours and other airbrush related products on the day - plus receive a 10% discount!
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
|'Watching Butterflies' cake airbrushed by Lisa Munro. Featured in Cake Craft & Decoration Magazine.|
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
- Apron - Bring your own apron if you wish to protect your clothes from any paint spills.
Airbrushing Cakes & Sugarcrafts (Part 2: Intermediate skill level) with Lisa Munro is now available. We recommend you already have experience with the basic control of an airbrush, or have attended this Beginners Airbrushing Cakes & Sugarcrafts class before attending part 2.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.
|Hibiscus Flower cake airbrushed by Lisa Munro. Featured in Cake Craft & Decoration Magazine.|
|Hibiscus Flower close-up airbrushed by Lisa Munro. Featured in Cake Craft & Decoration Magazine.|