The Airbrush Company presents a Beginner's Airbrushing Class by top UK custom automotive artist, Simon Murray of SM Designs.
|Helmet design by Simon Murray.|
Simon Murray has been airbrushing automotive graphics since 1992. His work has won awards, been exhibited at automotive shows and featured in magazines, such as Airbrush Action. Simon has produced instructional videos and he provides technical support for Auto-Air Colors in Europe and the United States.
Learn the three essential airbrushing techniques; free hand, loose masking and stencilling. Upon completion of this class you will be proficient in the basics of airbrushing. This course is aimed at taking you from an absolute beginner, through to being able to airbrush a 3D character. No one has ever left this course without taking away a piece of artwork that they are proud of, and couldn't believe they were capable of doing. So leave your pride at home and come ready to learn!
This course is the ideal lead into the intensive 2 day Custom Painting Class. Book both classes together (Beginner's & Custom Painting) and save £45!
If this date is not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course.
|Demo piece by Simon Murray - taught on Simon's Beginner's class.|
One-to-one tuition is available at SM Designs premises in Northern Ireland only. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Dates: Monday 16th June 2014
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm (classes always run on longer)
Duration: 1 day (7 hours)
Tutor: Simon Murray
Class size: 6 to 8 ( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
- Getting started
- Choosing the right airbrush and equipment
- Air Sources
- Introduction to double-action airbrushing
- What materials are compatible
- Surface Preparation
- Tracing and Scaling
- Creating a design using hard and soft masking techniques
- Master the 3 essential techniques of free hand, loose masking / stencilling
- Making your own stencils
- Image transfer and manipulation
- Working on metal and other non porous surfaces
- How to create your own image from background to foreground
- The cheap way to setup a studio
- Copyright issues
- Airbrush Maintenance
- And much more
|Artwork by Simon Murray.|
What is provided:
- A set of course notes
- All students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrushes equipment, paint and instructional videos on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
- Notepad and Camera - It is not essential however we do recommend you bring a notepad and camera with you. Although you will be given extensive course notes on colour formulas and techniques, it is impossible to digest the sheer amount of information Simon imparts. Therefore we recommend you take notes throughout the day.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.