Createx™ Auto-Air Colors™ are the latest breakthrough in water-based, non-toxic automotive coatings technology. Use Auto-Air Colours to achieve brilliant, durable custom paint jobs on cars, trucks, motorcycles and helmets.
Please note that the colours shown on Airbrushes.com are a guide only. For a closer representation, especially for the metallic and effects colours, we recommend that you purchase the Auto-Air Colour Chips.
4000 Series - Basecoat Sealers
Use as an initial layer over prepared surface. Suitable for use as a replacement of urethane or epoxy sealer except over bare, untreated metal. May be applied direct to urethane, enamel, lacquer and other finishes after scuffing with 800 grit wet/dry paper or coarser grade of abrasive. Scuffing Base Coat prior to application of colour is not required.
Use of Sealers may be omitted when using existing finish for a colour-keyed base (for example, a 4500 Series Hot Rod Sparkle colour over a black urethane finish) or when using a similar 4200 Series Semi-Opaque colours, such as 4220 Deep Black.
Tinting 4001 Sealer White with top-coat colour improves coverage of top-coat colour. This is especially beneficial when working with red, yellow and orange colours and transparent colours such as the 4500 Series Sparklescent Mango and Tequila Yellow. Tinting Sealer White with 4205 Semi-Opaque Flame Orange will create a pastel-like orange base colour which the Sparklescent Mango will cover quicker with less material required for the Mango’s finish.
This product is available in 4oz (120ml), 16oz (480ml) and 32oz (960ml) sizes. Click here to view all sizes.
Guides: Auto-Air Application Guide sheet, Auto-Air User Guide instructional DVD.
- Ready-to-spray out of the bottle - no mixing required
- Sprays smooth with a silky, finely atomized pattern
- Self-levelling while drying to a flat, even finish without the "orange peel" look.
- Excellent adhesion
- May be masked with automotive tape
- Use for entire vehicle paint jobs or graphics.
- Available in over 147 colours and effects
- Intermixable to allow limitless colour blends and effects
- Made with automotive specific pigments and binders
- Fully compatible with any automotive urethane clears, paints and primers
Advantages of Auto-Air over urethane systems:
- Surprising performance
- No time windows to work under
- Greater flexibility - more resistant to chipping and flaking
- Easy clean-up
- Cost savings and time efficiency
- Safer to use
- Contain less than 0.01% VOC
|Auto-Air Base Coat Sealer White (480ml) is also available as part of these sets or special offers:
|Click on each product for more information