Wicked Colours™ is an ultra-high performance, multi-surface airbrush paint suitable for any substrate from fabric to automotive applications. Wicked Colours are perfect for t-shirts, automotive graphics, illustration and almost any application. Wicked contains mild amounts of solvent inter-mixed with a durable, exterior-grade resin and automotive pigments for an extremely durable paint that withstands direct, prolonged exposure to outdoors elements without washing or fading.
Wicked Colours™ have exceptional flow and atomization right out of the bottle with most airbrush tip-sizes, including 0.2mm detail tips. Wicked Colours may be reduced with W100 Reducer or 4012 High Performance Reducer Flash in any ratio for improved flow, atomization and customizing viscosity preferences.
Mix with 4030 Intercoat at 10 – 25% per volume.
All Wicked Colours™ are made with the same highly durable binder. Wicked Colours are sheered to a binder size of 0.5 microns and dry semi-gloss level of 70+ degrees. Wicked Detail Colours are sheered to a particle size of 0.1 microns and dry to a flat finish of 30+ degrees, perfect for illustrators as a flat finish reflects the colour’s true hue. The refined particle size of the binder allows for ultra-fine atomisation at extremely low PSI settings without over-spray or noticeable tip dry.
Wicked Detail airbrush Colours™ are:
- Water-based (although does contain mild amounts of solvent inter-mixed with a durable, exterior-grade resign and automotive pigments)
- Sprays smooth with a silky, finely atomized pattern
- Self-levelling while drying to a flat, even finish without the "orange peel" look.
- Excellent adhesion
- May be masked with automotive tape
- Use for entire vehicle paint jobs or graphics
- Intermixable to allow limitless colour blends and effects
- Made with automotive specific pigments and binders
- Ready-to-spray out of the bottle - no mixing required
- Fully compatible with any automotive urethane clears, paints and primers
Advantages of Wicked Detail airbrush Colours™ over urethane systems:
- Surprising performance
- No time windows to work under
- Greater flexibility - more resistant to chipping and flaking
- Easy clean-up
- Cost savings and time efficiency
- Safer to use
- Contain less than 0.01% VOC
For automotive refinishing, a durable, catalyzed urethane clear is recommended. Wicked Colours cure to a strong film with air-drying alone. Heat may be used to further assist curing and is recommended for t-shirts and fabrics intended for use with multiple washings. Heat is not required for automotive, illustration and most other applications.
For more application information, visit Createx Colors™ website’s technical pages.
We recommend that you thin your paint to suit your airbrush nozzle, especially for finer nozzles. As a guide, thin paints to a milky consistency. If you have a query whether a particular paint is suitable for a particular airbrush, please contact us.
Larger sizes of 16oz (480ml) and 32oz (960ml) Createx Wicked Detail Colours™ are available by special order if you contact us.
|Createx Wicked Detail Viridian 2oz (60ml) is also available as part of these sets or special offers:
|Click on each product for more information