The Flake King 1000 Dry Metal Flake Applicator Gun is the latest version to the Flake King Gun series.
The Flake King 1000 has been designed to be an efficient way of applying dry metal flake. Save time, save material and save money! Simply add flake, open the flake valve, set the pressure and you’re ready to go.
This dry metal flake applicator is used by many professional and hobby custom painters worldwide.
Why apply the Metal Flake dry?
- Minimizes the amount of flake you use
- Reduces the volume of catalysed clear that you use
- Reduces the risk of clear coat failure & potential “sagging” of flake and clear
- Increases speed significantly – we’re talking by days for a large job
- Improves the clean-up process – because the flake is dry when applied, it simply brushes up/off
- Reduces risk of cross contamination of future paint jobs
- Because you have a dry metal flake gun, there is no longer flake in your clear coat gun again reducing the risk of flake ending up in future paint jobs
New improvements include a solid machined lid, made out of aluminium. It's pretty much bullet proof.
To see how to use the gun to apply flake click here.
|Flake King 1000 Kit Contents:|
Dry metal flake gun
Machined aluminium lid and jar
Medium nozzle only (Green)
If you’re in the market for a dry metal flake applicator that doesn’t just spit flake out randomly then you’ve come to the right place. This gun doesn’t rely on pick up tubes that can cause flake “flurries”; it truly agitates the flake and draws it out consistently giving you professional results.
Every aspect of this gun is controllable from the air agitation and application pressure, to the volume of flake you want to dispense via the in-line flake valve. This has been further fine-tuned by the addition of 3 different sized colour coded nozzles to help blend larger areas with ease.
There are multiple ways to apply the flake – you can set the barrel to be self-levelling or rigid to suit your spraying style. The barrel is now removable so you can blow your flake into the clear coat either from the gun handle or by simply turning the flake valve off.
The dry metal flake is supplied in ready to use pots/jars that simply screw onto the gun – no messing about.
This gun will save you money all round. When you’ve tried it, you will wonder how you ever flaked without it.
You will also need:
- Air source (look at compatible compressors). If the compressor runs a spray gun "used for clear coating" then it will be fine with the Flake King 1000 Dry Metal Flake Gun.
- Air hose (look at Iwata Hoses)
- Adapter to fit hose to spray gun (1/8 BSP to 1/4 BSP)
For more information or advice on this product, please contact us.