After the request to make a mini version of the Flake King 1000 for use with airbrushes, Flake King have gone one step further and developed two versions - the Flake King 500 Mini Gun and the Flake King Airbrush Adapter.
This Flake King 500 Dry Metal Flake Mini Gun is the smaller version of the 1000 Gun and is capable of running off an airbrush compressor. It enables you to apply your clear coat with your airbrush and then use the 500 Mini Gun to apply the dry metal flake.
The Flake King 500 has been designed to be an efficient way of applying dry metal flake. Save time, save material and save money! Simply add flake, open the flake valve, set the pressure and you’re ready to go.
It is supplied with a nozzle for easier blending of flake passes and also supplied with an 1/4″ to 1/8″ adaptor to fit to a standard airbrush airline.
It is ideal for smaller projects – bowling pins, skateboard decks, helmets, bicycle and motorcycle frames.
Why apply the Metal Flake dry?
- Minimizes the amount of flake you use
- Reduces the volume of catalysed clear that you use
- Reduces the risk of clear coat failure & potential “sagging” of metal flake and clear
- Increases speed significantly – we’re talking by days for a large job
- Improves the clean-up process – because the metal flake is dry when applied, it simply brushes up/off
- Reduces risk of cross contamination of future paint jobs
- Because you have a dry metal flake gun, there is no longer flake in your clear coat gun again reducing the risk of flake ending up in future paint jobs
To see how to use the gun to apply flake click here.
If you’re in the market for a dry metal flake applicator that doesn’t just spit flake out randomly then you’ve come to the right place. This gun doesn’t rely on pick up tubes that can cause flake “flurries”; it truly agitates the flake and draws it out consistently giving you professional results.
The dry metal flake is supplied in ready to use pots/jars that simply screw onto the gun – no messing about.
You will also need:
- Air source (look at compatible compressors). It will apply flake from 8 psi upwards, the larger the flake is the greater the pressure needed to agitate it.
- Air hose (look at Iwata Hoses)
- Adapter to fit hose to spray gun (1/8 BSP to 1/4 BSP)
For more information or advice on this product, please contact us.