The Airbrush Company presents a two-day airbrushing class with Cassie Brown Sugarcraft Specialist. On this two-day course, discover everything you need to know about airbrushing including the basics of working with an airbrush through to perfecting a variety of complex techniques. This course is suitable for beginners through to advanced.
DAY ONE Intro to Airbrushing – getting to know your airbrush:
Learn everything you need to know about your airbrush and what it can do and a variety of impressive techniques to get you started.
On day one, airbrushing expert Cassie Brown, will explain the basics of working with an airbrush, including how to assemble and maintain it, as well as how to hold it and control the pressure for different effects. You will have the chance to practise a whole range of effects on iced boards and a dummy cake including graduating colours, mixing different shades, layering colour, fading, shading, block colouring and using your own handmade stencils. Cassie will also show you how to master stunning effects such as flames and wood grain and even an underwater scene and clouds in the sky. You won’t believe what is possible to create using just an airbrush!
DAY TWO Advanced Airbrushing – the next step:
Once you have mastered control of the airbrush and a variety of basic techniques on day one, you are ready to progress to the next level.
On this brand new class, Cassie will show you how to build on the skills you have already learned, with a range of more complex effects including a detailed eye, a realistic cat and 3D water droplets. You will fine-tune your skills on iced boards before going on to decorate an iced dummy cake.
All equipment needed for this class is provided as part of the booking, however if you're looking for an airbrush kit to get started with Cassie Brown recommends the these kits for airbrushing cakes and sugarcrafts.
|Airbrushed by Cassie Brown|
If these dates are not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course.
Dates: Thursday 21st - Friday 22nd March 2019
Times: 09:30 am - 4:00 pm
Duration: 2 days (13 hours)
Tutor: Cassie Brown
Class size: 4 to 8
(Click here to view our Training Room)
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
Course content - Day One:
- Basics of working with an airbrush, including how to assemble and maintain it, as well as how to hold and control the pressure for different effects.
- Colour chart
- Using stencils
- Graduating colours,
- Layering colour,
- Shading and block colouring
- Wood effects
- Underwater scene
- Clouds and mountains
- Moon effect
Course content - Day Two:
- Airbrushing a detailed eye
- Airbrushing a realistic cat or parrot
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment, food colours, icing and an iced cake dummies to work on
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment, colours and other airbrush related products on the day - plus receive a 10% discount!
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
- Apron - Bring your own apron if you wish to protect your clothes from any paint spills.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.