The Airbrush Company presents a one day class; Modeller's Beginning Airbrushing (Step 2), with tutor Robin Carpenter of Scalewarship Ltd.
The airbrush skills that are taught on this class can be applied to all genres of modelling.
This course is the next step on from Robins introductory course (TC-RC1) and is based around water-based paints; mainly the LifeColor brand. You bring something to paint (it can be any model you like) and the tutor will take you through from beginning to end, mixing paint, priming, painting base colours, camouflages, masking, washes and clear coats.
This course is ideal for any model painter who would like to learn more about the correct use of LifeColor and other acrylic paints, or would like to switch from using solvents to water-based paints.
Both steps 1 and 2 of the Modeller's Beginning Airbrushing courses can be booked together as a two-day class TC-RC3 and you will save £10 for attending the classes consecutively.
|ME 110 model aircraft built and painted by Robin Carpenter using LifeColor Paints. This model has been featured in |
Airfix Model World magazine.
Robin Carpenter has professionally painted full size aircraft for over twenty years, from vintage WWII to modern passenger jets, including fixed and rotary wing military aircraft. He has applied his technical knowledge to making models for pleasure, winning several awards for his work in local and national model exhibitions. Robin has turned this hobby into a profession – he now runs Scalewarship Ltd, a modelling supply company specialising in airbrushes and finishing products.
Dates: Friday 6th September 2019
Times: 09:30 am - 4:30 pm
Duration: 1 day (7 hours)
Tutor: Robin Carpenter
Class size: 4 to 8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
|ME 110 model aircraft built an painted by Robin Carpenter (applying the second coat of thinned colour by brush) using LifeColor Paints. |
If this date is not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is available at Scalewarship Ltd premises in Herefordshsire. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Introduction to acrylic paints (including LifeColor and various brands)
- Explanation of acrylic paints: advantages and disadvantages
- Use of primers: including using LifeColor primer
- Explanation of colours and tinting them for realistic effect
- Applying base colour, drying and applying second colour
- Applying camouflage patterns
- Masking techniques
- Use of washes and acrylic clear coats
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
|Model/Bust of Queen Elizabeth 1 painted by Robin Carpenter using LifeColor Paints.|
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment and paint on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Model to work on – Robin recommends you bring your own model at a stage requiring painting to obtain the best experience from this course (an old broken model will also be fine for practicing techniques on)
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.
|Revell Lynx MK 88 model helicopter built and painted by Robin Carpenter using Auto-Air, Createx and Com-Art Paints.|