The Airbrush Company presents a one-day course on painting military and fantasy figures with an airbrush, by Rob Henden.
Rob Henden has been airbrushing models since 1980. He is a regular contributor to Military Modelling magazine, and has also featured in magazines internationally, such as in USA, Germany, Italy, Greece and Korea. Rob demonstrates airbrushing every year at the Euro-Militaire show in Folkestone.
He is a regular award winner, with many Silver, Bronze and Commended awards at the Euro-Militaire show, many Gold awards at Trucks & Tracks show and many Golds locally in other events in the South East of England.
by Rob Henden
One of Rob Henden’s most recent Gold awards in the Figure Class of Trucks & Tracks is the SS Paratrooper WWII (late war), which features in Rob’s instructional DVD in Compendium Film’s new Expert Model Craft DVD series, entitled Painting & Finishing Military Figures with Rob Henden.
This course is ideal for any model painter who wants to advance their airbrushing skills. This is your opportunity to learn how to achieve the perfect finish with an airbrush. We recommend you already have experience with the basic control of an airbrush, or have attended the
Modeller's Beginning Airbrushing Course.
The training room is fully equipped with the highest quality equipment available on the market - Iwata airbrushes and compressors.
If this date is not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course.
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 1 days (7 hours)
Tutor: Rob Henden
Class size: 4 to 8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF
Click here for how to Find Us
- Choosing paints and Mixing colours
- Demonstrations on all scales
- Hands-on practical exercises on larger scales
- Flesh tones
- Facial features (larger scale)
- Textures – Fabric, Wood, Metal
- Cleaning of airbrush
- Brush painting techniques
- Correcting mistakes
- Problem solving clinic
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment and paint on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- Model – Please bring your own model figure with you to work on for the duration of the class. The larger the model is the better for the exercises that will be taught, so please make sure your model is at least 75mm scale or larger.
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.