||Createx™ Auto-Air Colors™ are the latest breakthrough in water-based, non-toxic automotive coatings technology. Use Auto-Air Colours to achieve brilliant, durable custom paint jobs on cars, trucks, motorcycles and helmets.
Please note that the colours shown on Airbrushes.com are a guide only. For a closer representation, especially for the metallic and effects colours, we recommend that you purchase the Auto-Air Colour Chips.
4200 Series - Transparent Colours
Intermixable translucent basecoat colours. Transparent Colours work well with small tip-sized airbrushes for fine, detailed artwork. They also work well for fades and blends over solid base colors.
Use as a toner to other Auto Air Colors to create custom blends.
Use to tint 4001 Sealer White for colour-keying the overlying colour to improve coverage and reduce build-up of material, especially when using 4300 Series Pearlized Colours and 4500 Series Sparklescent Colours. For example, tint Sealer White with Transparent Fire Red for a pastel red base, over which Sparklescent Rock Star Red is applied. Less material is required as opposed to applying Rock Star Red over Sealer White. A smoother finish is achieved as excess build-up of the Rock Star Red’s pearl-flakes is avoided.
Thinning: Use 4010 or 4011 Reducers.
Airbrush (0.2mm nozzle): 25-90% per volume, Airbrush (0.3mm nozzle): 10-20% per volume, Airbrush (0.5mm nozzle) or Spray Gun: reduction is generally not required.
This product is available in 4oz (120ml), 16oz (480ml) and 32oz (960ml) sizes. Click here to view all sizes.
Guides: Auto-Air Application Guide sheet, Auto-Air User Guide instructional DVD.
- Ready-to-spray out of the bottle - no mixing required
- Sprays smooth with a silky, finely atomized pattern
- Self-levelling while drying to a flat, even finish without the "orange peel" look.
- Excellent adhesion
- May be masked with automotive tape
- Use for entire vehicle paint jobs or graphics.
- Available in over 147 colours and effects
- Intermixable to allow limitless colour blends and effects
- Made with automotive specific pigments and binders
- Fully compatible with any automotive urethane clears, paints and primers
Advantages of Auto-Air over urethane systems:
- Surprising performance
- No time windows to work under
- Greater flexibility - more resistant to chipping and flaking
- Easy clean-up
- Cost savings and time efficiency
- Safer to use
- Contain less than 0.01% VOC