The Airbrush Company presents a one day Beginner's Airbrushing Class by internationally known UK artist, Giorgio Uccellini.
Born in Italy, Giorgio has been airbrushing for over 30 years and has taught and exhibited in USA, Italy and Germany, as well as the UK. He has contributed articles to many magazines including Airbrush Art and Airbrush Action.
Giorgio released his first book in 2011, The Art of Airbrushing, where he guides beginners and intermediate artists through the entire process with clear step-by-step photographs and text; from setting up a studio/workspace, planning and drawing, equipment and techniques, surfaces and presentation and more.
|Wolf airbrushed onto bike tank by Giorgio Uccellini|
Giorgio is best known for his portraits of rock icons, but he applies his airbrush art to anything – canvas, T-shirts, leather jackets, motorcycle tanks and helmets. You can view his work on his website: www.rock-icons.co.uk and also on www.AirbrushFree.com. A bit of trivia here: Giorgio toured the world in his previous career as the keyboard player in Freddy and the Dreamers.
|Chimpanzee airbrushed by |
This one day beginner’s class is the ideal introduction to lead into Giorgio’s art and textile courses; Airbrushing Portraiture & Wildlife (TC-GU2), Airbrushing Crafts & Textiles (TC-GU3) and Airbrushing Fantasy Art (TC-GU4).
If these dates are not suitable, please contact us to register your interest in the next course. One-to-one tuition is also available by contacting Giorgio@rock-icons.co.uk.
|Leather jacket airbrushed by Giorgio Uccellini|
Dates: Tuesday 12th May 2015
Times: 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 1 days (7 hours)
Tutor: Giorgio Uccellini
Class size: 6 to 8
( Click here to view our Training Room )
Location: The Airbrush Company Ltd, Marlborough Road, Lancing Business Park, Lancing, West Sussex BN15 8UF. Click here for how to Find Us.
- Airbrush equipment and air sources
- How to use an airbrush
- Cleaning and maintenance of your airbrush
- Which paints to use
- Basic techniques, strokes and exercises
- Shading to achieve a 3D effect
- Using Artool freehand stencils
- Cutting simple masks
|Morgan Freeman airbrushed by |
What is provided:
- Students will be supplied with an airbrush, equipment and paint for the duration of the course
- Students will have the opportunity to buy airbrush equipment, paint, canvases and instructional videos on the day
- Tea, coffee and biscuits will be served during the course
You will also need:
- White T-Shirt Students are welcome to bring a white t-shirt along with them to the course to be worked on later in the afternoon, however, this is up to the student to decide and is not an essential part of the course content. If you do decide to bring a t-shirt then this should be clean, ironed and preferably new.
- Accommodation - A list of local hotels and B&Bs will be sent with your booking confirmation.
- Lunch - Bring a packed lunch or pre-order sandwiches by returning the form provided with your booking confirmation. Please bring cash with you on the day for pre-ordered sandwiches.
Please click here to read the terms and conditions regarding course cancellations and postponements.
A printed copy of these terms will be sent with your booking confirmation.